I’ve been meaning to blog for the last 12 days and I haven’t. I’ve honestly been super busy.
Most of last week was spend in San Antonio on the Riverwalk for work. It was a long and exhausting week. Even though I haven’t been running a ton, I was still on restricted from any. I walked alot to get where I needed to go, but it really threw a wrench in getting my routine back. Plus I worked through Saturday night. It wasn’t so bad, but made for a too short weekend. Highlight of the week was seeing a few people I don’t see often, and one person I wish I could see every dang day. There were memories made on Wednesday for sure.
My Dr’s assistant quit last week at the office where I get my NDT. Not so happy about that, she was the only tolerable part of that office.
I made my follow-up appt. with Dr. L yesterday, which I should have done LONG ago. I don’t get to see him until November 3. So far I am not really feeling any different on his protocol, which disappoints me. But it’s only been 6 weeks and I have 6 more. I still have hope. Well actually by time my appt comes around it’ll be 16 weeks.
It hasn’t rained here in 3 weeks and I am honestly sick of the heat and dryness. I could use a good storm.
I went to bed early last night because I could. I am always more appreciative of rest these days. Unfortunately I missed meeting my friends by 20 minutes this morning :-(
I hit the neighborhood pool and had it all to myself. NICE! I did better. My breathing is still difficult, but I am getting better. I did about half breast stroke and half freestyle. This is WAY more freestyle than I’ve attempted before. Freestyle is still wears me out, which I hope to overcome soon.
Speaking of, I am watching swimming on tv right now. Just a coincidence. I came home and it was on. Some of these dudes are dreamy :-) And some of them, I won’t name names, have shitty attitudes.
I went and had a sports massage. My hip has really been bothering me since a 5K I didn’t even run at race pace last month. The therapist said my psoas was horrible and he was surprised I could walk. He said my glutes and calves were fine (that’s a first, but I’ve also not been running as much). My left hip and my right hammy were the 2 issues today. He said no running and no lower body weights for a week.
I am still not back to my regular workout schedule, but I am CLOSE. This week was very good consistency wise. I just need the balance of what the workouts actually ARE to be where I want them.
Enough blogging, time for me to get back to watching people be good at swimming.
Not so sure if some of these are fun, but they are factual ;-)
- I went to Granbury for the first time Wednesday evening for a 1 day conference. It was nice, I would like to go back. Nice lake, cool town square, near the dinosaur tracks park. Unfortunately I had to come back for work on Thursday night.
- I’ve been trying to get this swimming thing down. I swam 3 times this week, which is an all-time high
- I have watched probably 2 hours worth of swimming tips and videos. I can’t seem to correct some things and my breathing issues I have when running, carry over into the water
- I need a hands on coach and the person I want is reading this.
- My new swimsuit is a cut I wouldn’t normally wear, but it looks alright. I can’t get over the variability on suit sizes!
- My kitty Chanel is doing much better. I’m happy. She’s mastered eating her low protein special kidney food up high so Missy can’t get it.
- My birdfeeders relax me and make me happy
- My hip has been jacked up from running after I volunteered about a month ago, not sure what gives
- Apparently you can put clear nailpolish on ringworm to keep it from spreading and suffocate the fungus. No, it’s not a worm, it’s a fungus.
- I have a 5 day work trip next week that carries over into the weekend. I hope to see some of my lovely friends in the evenings. I am not sure how many people I will be able to convince to drive near downtown.
- I get to see ODB 1 day next week. It’ll have been over 5 weeks. Yes, I counted.
I hope to get some cleaning and organizing done this weekend. If nothing else, some rest and reading!
It’s gotten to the point where every single thing I eat bothers me. Mostly with bloating and inflammation.
I went back and looked at my ALCAT from a few years ago. Different Dr’s have had differing opinions on this test since I had it done 2 years ago. My current Dr isn’t really a fan. Well my PCP that is.
My meals often contain at least 1-2 of these ingredients. Maybe it’s time to revisit these items as possibly being culprits. I am SO tired of everything making me miserable. This hasn’t slowed down my intake, just makes me paranoid about everything.
Severe intolerance (avoid): ginger. (haven’t eaten any since I had the test done 2 years ago)
- BEEF. I don’t eat beef all of the time, but I had fajitas for dinner last night and lunch today
- brazil nuts. Easy fix although they are a good source of selenium
- cabbage. Easy fix
- COFFEE. Easy fix, although i’ve been tempted to add it back. Will be strong
- green peas. Rarely eat them. (wonder if sugar snap peas count?)
- honey. Easy fix
- hops. Non issue
- macadamia nuts. Rarely eat them although they are so good.
- okra. I don’t eat it often, but I love it roasted or pickled. Easy fix
- rice. Easy fix.
- avocado (I eat this almost daily)
- bell peppers (i’ve been trying to avoid nightshades for a good while)
- blueberries (crap! I’ve been eating these alot because they are low GI and cheap now)
- black and green tea (dang it! what I am supposed to drink when water gets boring?)
- buffalo. I rarely eat it, but I do like it.
- crab. Rarely eat it, but I love it.
- egg yolks. I’ve not eaten eggs in at least 6 months.
- eggplant. (nightshade gave it up a while back)
- garlic. suck
- haddock. rarely eat it.
- honeydew. not a big deal, I like it but wouldn’t miss it.
- limes. not a big deal, I love lemons, limes, not so much.
- mussels. never eat.
- nutmeg. really only use when making stuff with pumpkin.
- onion. i eat alot of onions, may need to cut back.
- paprika. Don’t use often, but it’s a spice I love
- peaches. Suck. I love peaches
- shrimp. I also love shrimp. :-(
- trout. darn it :-(
- watermelon. I used to love watermelon, but now I rarely eat it.
I don’t really think there is a such thing as second best.
If you were good enough, you would be first choice.
Not being good enough sucks. Not being told you aren’t good enough sucks more.
I’m going to start the week over tomorrow.
I found out last night that I contracted ringworm. Likely from my foster kitties I had in July. Are you kidding me? Apparently it’s hard to get rid of. Sigh. I spent last night and today researching online, visiting Walgreen’s pharmacy and talking to my Dr’s office. Oh and apparently I spread it when I shaved my legs. FML.
My buddy did a great job taking pics at this weekend’s event. However white is very unforgiving and it showed ALL of my flaws. It may as well have been a punch in the gut. My currently prominent one. I was so upset when I saw the pics of myself. I am the biggest I’ve been since 2006. I could care less what everyone else thinks. It’s about what I think and I don’t like it. I feel SO uncomfortable. I was thinking I had alot less inflammation and bloating but those photos showed otherwise.
I found out today I have to make a trip 3 hours north of here for work later in the week. Not preferred at all, but I am going regardless. If nothing else, maybe I can get some of my own work done from the hotel, since I have a steady stream of visitors during the day in the office.
And to top it all off, I stressed myself out beyond control by upsetting someone. Sometimes I just need to keep my big mouth and my emotions to myself.
So yes, starting this week over tomorrow with a clean slate! And hopefully 1 day closer to being ringworm and inflammation free!
I spent most of this morning on my knees and getting wet.
My mom and I volunteered at Jack’s Generic Tri this morning. A very early morning for us. Body marking followed by swim course. On the swim course, I got pulled off the crowd control line and put in the water. I got drenched, it was like being in the splash zone at Sea World. Swimmers diving in behind me to start the course, and then steering people toward finish on my front.
I was inspired when I got home and the pool was empty, so I went for a swim there for the first time. I have been there, but never to swim. Much to my delight, it’s not a chlorine pool! (chlorine is supposed to be bad for hashi’s). My swimming comfort level isn’t there, but I am getting better. I still get overwhelmed and default to different swim strokes. I just need more practice.
The afternoon was followed by family time with my parents. Lunch and errands, including the Wild Bird store. We didn’t get to hanging my bedroom decor. Mostly because I was so tired, I took a 2 hour nap. Those are pretty rare for me.
I feel like I need another day to sleep before another long work week!