It’s official. I have a new hobby. And it’s not just for old people. I am highly entertained by the wildlife in my yard. Mostly birds and a few squirrels. I had a feeder at the old house but it was mostly for the cats. This time it’s for all of us.
I bought the first feeder myself. Then came a second one and a seed bucket from my guy. I also bought a special bungee feeder for the squirrels to keep them away from my bird feeders. I got a ladybug shaped suet feeder this week.
I got a pair of binoculars as another gift this week so I can see my birds better. I also removed the screen from my living room window to see better. I have “what bird” bookmarked on my computer!
From the living room chaise, it’s great view for us to watch the doves, sparrows, finches, cardinals, woodpeckers, titmice, squirrels, and whatever else comes our way.
Now I need a coffee maker so I can watch my birds while I enjoy coffee. Preferably with my favorite bird-watching companion.
This person isn’t a was. I know with all my heart that I have this right now. He’s the most amazing person I’ve ever met. It’s complicated and I wish it wasn’t.
For the first time in over 6 months I went to a concert. By myself. And I had fun.
I had originally bought tickets to see Lucero open for Dropkick Murphy’s in Houston Sunday. It was a grand plan to combine a work trip with fun and maybe a race and see my favorite person.
Well everything changed. I sold my Houston tickets and Austin was of course sold out. Luckily a friend of a friend had an extra. Another friend was getting married so all of the usual crowd was out of town.
So I went out last night to Stubbs by myself. Ideally I would have wanted sometime to go with, but I’ve been making that excuse long enough. I miss music. and I can’t remember the last time I put on a full face of makeup and went out. I couldn’t decide what to wear because I have almost no clothes that aren’t workout or work.
It was fun. Ran into a friend afterward and caught up a bit. The show was short but good. I didn’t stay for Dropkick because they were taking forever to set up. I’ve never seen them but I heard they are wild and the crowd goes nuts. I can’t imagine it’s even crazier than NoFX who is where I saw Lucero for the first time.
I need to reconnect with some of my old friends but it’s hard. I kind of dropped out of the scene and the group when I split with Dan. Friends shouldn’t have to be part of that other than support.
Sometimes you just need a change of pace. To have dinner with old girlfriends you don’t see enough. To order dessert (there were actually options at Chee Zee for sweets for me).
The four of us each took a bite and then I took it home to eat Saturday. That never happened
No alarm wake ups
Birds at my feeder
Super high productivity in yard and house
First time at Tarka Indian for a sister date
Funny squirrel gymnastics in my yard
Super cute new welcome mat
Seeing my ODB on Friday
Great deals on meat at the store
Back to workouts after a week off post race
I don’t like airing dirty laundry online. But I read an article with the 5 fastest way to destroy a relationship. This hit very close to home. It’s also a good reminder not to let the past repeat itself.
5 fast ways to destroy your relationship:
Don’t give your SO gifts. Give money instead
Don’t celebrate your SO as an important individual in your life
Get yourself a smartphone
Quit Showing Appreciation
The phone was and is still a huge pain in the ass to me. I am getting better about it on my end. But honestly when I’m with someone, I really don’t need my phone. I won’t go into details on the rest, but I have unfortunately seen those in my life as well.
I didn’t get internet at the new house yet. I was trying to hold off on things I don’t need like cable and internet. Honestly, I haven’t missed it except for wanting to blog. I had to email some pictures to my BFF, so that required a trip to Starbucks with the laptop.
Sheesh, where have I been?
- Got completely moved into the new house minus my dishes, I need to go grab those Thursday.
- My kitties LOVE the new house.
- I have a kick ass backyard and I am dying to make it my own. I need a grill, and a chair, and a chiminea, and a bird bath, and some new flowers. Yeah, I foresee a lot of time and money spent on the yard.
- I already tried to lure birds to my feeder. They haven’t really come yet. I love watching birds. Almost as much as Missy and Chanel do.
- I volunteered at Austin marathon expo again. It was good but exhausting. And I got sick
- Helped a couple from Mexico get engaged at the Marathon Expo on Friday night. It was so cute!
- I ran the Austin half for the first time. It was a last minute decision. I did ok considering I had very tired feet and legs and it was HOT. Plus I haven’t been running a lot. It’s one of my slower races, but it was faster than 2 hours. Probably the 2nd hardest course I’ve ever run. I felt great though. I don’t even feel like I ran.
- I’ve not really cooked in my new kitchen yet, I haven’t really been there much. And I need to buy a microwave! And groceries.
- I am on a break from work. Ok, I worked half a day today remotely. I spent majority of the day on the couch. Tomorrow I am doing NOTHING except making myself incredibly happy.
- I have taken more leave this work year than I have in years added together. I am finally learning how to relax.
- I am loved. It’s a great feeling. I am not sure someone has ever loved and appreciated me so much. It brings a tear to my eye to write that. I can’t get enough. I want more than I can have.
It’s a big couple of months. I want to run one more half marathon this season. I have travel coming up for work and a busy schedule. LUNA season is starting in April, trip to SF to start that off. And hopefully spending time on getting my house and yard in order. And my personal life, yeah, hopefully working on aspects of that too.