Starting Thursday evening, I took a break from work, email, and distractions in general.
Things i’ve accomplished in the last 3 days:
- I spent Thursday night with my BFF at her house. I love seeing her I am sad that I made a poor route choice and got there an hour later than I should have.
- I took Friday off from work for no reason. I can’t remember the last time I did that. I didn’t check voicemails or email. It was nice.
- I took my mom out for a girls day all day Friday. Shopping, lunch at Whole Foods and the quest for the perfect birthday cupcake for her (located at Central Market apparently). Bought my dad and I cake from Aussie’s GF restaurant to share. (going to have to go eat a meal there sometime, i’ve never tried it)
- Bought my mom a birthday gift. I like to buy my parents things they would never buy themselves. She decided while we were shopping, that she wanted nice sunglasses. Ever since Dan convinced me to spend money on real glasses, i’m a believer. And being as she had cataract surgery on both eyes 10 years ago, it’s probably something long overdue. She picked out polarized Ralph Lauren shades from the Sunglass Hut I bought her some accessories to go with them.
- Ran a new trail this morning in San Antonio. It was a nice change of pace, but bathrooms and water were absent, which has been noted for next time.
- Headed back to Austin early, after showering at Gold’s (didn’t want to be stinky for the long drive home). Pit stop for breakfast at my favorite dive taqueria in New Braunfels, and then Costco for quick groceries. I got there just in time, traffic was backed up on the access road with people trying to get in when I was leaving.
- I took a long nap. I can’t remember the last time I took a real nap. I wasn’t tired, but it sounded nice. I also took a nice epsom bath. And started a book.
- Watched Supersize me for the first time ever. I already hate McDonald’s, so most of it was just reinforcement of that. Dan and I used to watch Morgan Spurlock’s 30 days shows way back when.
- Dan is gone to Canada until next Friday. I hope to finish the book and get some special projects done.
- I made chicken fried venison for dinner on Saturday night and it was fabulous. Breaded the steak with flax meal, Penzey’s Mitchell Street Steak Blend, and cracked pepper. Dipped steak in egg, then the breading, then pan-fried in healthy oil.