Today’s installment of the first Friday of February Fun Facts!
- I wore yoga clothes today and dressed it up with a sweater and jewelry. No lie. Next time i’ll wear a different cardigan, I am having a hard time covering the straps on my shirt, lol! Or wear a different shirt.
- I escape to flow class during lunch on Fridays. If my schedule would slow down any, I would go Mondays and Wednesdays too.
- I LOVE my gel manicure but it’s time to get a new one and my lady is booked really far out I may have to cheat on her. No way can I wait until Feb. 13!
- My nephew should be born in the next week. My fingers are still crossed for Tuesday, but I think tomorrow on Groundhog’s day would be fun!
- My family is in town for the weekend, Dan is only here tomorrow. I am supposed to be planning something fun to do tomorrow and I have ZERO ideas, other than doing yoga tomorrow morning with my mom. My sister has already indicated it’s too early for her. Even when I sleep in, I am an early bird.
- I get lemon seeds stuck in my reusable straw every day. No matter how much I de-seed the lemons, I always seem to find one, darn it!
- I just realized I haven’t decorated my office for Valentine’s Day, I better get on it. Stupid holiday, but I love the decorations!
- There is a chili cook-off today during lunch at work. People FLOCK to those things. I’ve seen the people that work in the other offices, they are strange, and I would NEVER eat anything they made. Hell, they can’t even keep the breakroom clean or their cubicals.
- I made chocolate chili for dinner tonight and I can’t wait to eat it! Melissa @ The Clothes Make the Girl is AWESOME!
- Sunday is going to be fab. Run-walk, yoga, get to see some of my running buddies for a Austin Marathon meeting, then family time with mom and dad (Dan will be en-route to Memphis).
- Speaking of the parents. They both just got their first smart phones. They both got iphone 5 and have no idea how to use them. I will be teaching them all weekend, lol. I just got my first iphone in December, but I’ve had a smart phone for years and had an itouch. They both just learned to text, it’s so funny!
Signed up for Run to the Finish’s February challenge, which is clean breakfasts.
- Include protein in your morning meal – (I always do this)
- Challenge yourself to eliminate beverage calories (I only do this if I make a shake or smoothie which is rare)
- Include a veggie (I get made fun of at work all of the time for this)
Eat within 30 minutes of getting out of bed (this I kinda do, explain more below)
Make it clean! (it’s always clean)
This is today’s breakfast:
Sausage, spinach, and avocado. Before you jump to conclusions about that sausage not being “clean”, guess again. I made it myself over Christmas, it’s pork-venison.
Because I wake up so early, I usually eat a protein snack first, before I leave for work and then I eat my full breakfast between 8 and 9 am. I ate turkey breast this morning when I went down to feed Missy and Chanel, and then ate this when I got to work.