I realized while I was in San Francisco last week, that I am more like my mom that I thought. This is a good and a bad thing.
- I make lists. When I am bored I make lists of lists I need to make.
- On both flights last week, I made lists on the notepad of my phone. I edited the first one on Wednesday, but I originally wrote it April 4 on my way out to Cali. If my mom knew how do do this on her new iphone, she would.
- Lists lead me to be more organized most of the time and hopefully worry less. Unless stuff on said list doesn’t get done soon enough.
- I am a planner. I do better when I plan. When I don’t plan, it’s not the end of the world. Unless it means I don’t get to eat, then all hell breaks loose.
- She has the same haircut as me. I had it first though.
- We both lost our weight on Weight Watchers.
- She likes to fish with my dad. I spent many hours fishing with my dad when I was in college. Hopefully as soon as June rolls around (and the legislative session is over), I can take some time off to go with them. Although, spring and fall fishing is way better.
- I am frugal. My parents spoiled me as a kid, but it was never at full price. When Solo Serve was around, we shopped there. Ross, TJ, and Marshall’s are faves these days for both mom and I. And I love a good outlet mall store. My first truck, yes, it was brand new, but my Sonic wages and tips paid for that sucker.
- I worry. ALOT. This is bad bad bad for the health.
- Both of my parents snack alot. I’ve gotten better but I still eat when I cook. This is something i’ve never been able to nix.
- When I am at work, I worry about all of the stuff I need to do at home. I am getting better about worrying about work while at home.
- One of the really bad things I do is let the snark come out full force or snip. I have huge issues with my tone. My mom is really bad about this. I am trying to be better, but Dan harshly reminds me of this often.
The bad I am really going to have to try hard to fix for my sanity and for my health. It’s not hard to see that some of my habits are very type A and type A’s have been shown to have increased risk for stress issues.
For fun facts Friday this week, I decided it’s just going to be a random assortment of stuff from the last week. Since i’ve been so busy, I haven’t had time to think, blog, or do much of anything.
- Tuesday was the only SXSW I did this year. I was ok with that. I had an awesome time on Tuesday.
- I helped Dan work on his jeep Saturday and Sunday. Can’t say I love it as much as he does. Seriously. His boss emailed me today to ask if he sleeps with it.
- Thin Mint Sprint is tomorrow. Last year I vowed i’d come back and win it. Instead? I am cheering and hosting a LUNA Chix tent. I wish I was doing both. It’s been almost 3 months of no running. I MAY be able to try again next week.
- I went home for less than 24 hours last week. In that 24 hours I drove 2 hours each way, saw my parents, saw baby Evan, planted garden with dad, had an excellent walk around the Ville, got my hair colored, and went to Trader Joe’s. Oh and I worked from mom and dad’s house for 4 hours which SUCKED.
- Please let it rain and not be so hot this summer. For my sanity at work and for dad’s garden! Right now only collard greens and cabbage are producing. But I helped plant blackberries, grapes, tomatoes, jalapeno, and a few other things. I saved and dried some kabocha seeds, which I hope grow! Not sure he’s planted those yet. I roasted one for them Saturday for lunch and they loved it! Hoping he gets a yield, because I ate GOOD out of his garden last year. Tomatoes, squashes galore, greens, peppers, etc.
My “nephew” Evan. He’s my BFF’s son.
He was awake this time and much less fragile at 6 weeks than he was at 1. I wasn’t scared of holding him at all. And I got peed on. I say he was marking me as his favorite aunt Yeah, I didn’t even put forth the effort of makeup last Friday.
I wish I could say I had a lazy weekend planned, but I unfortunately have a ton of stuff to do. Going out of town tonight AND Sunday night. We’ll be burning up 35.
I am so excited about new things right now, i’m such a dork.
- my stand up desk. I have stood except in meetings and while eating breakfast and lunch everyday this week. My feet hurt at the end of the day, but I am not used to standing AT ALL during the day.
- I am more productive standing up, but I don’t type as fast. Weird.
- My kombucha brew. I am getting impatient waiting for it to be ready for bottling and flavoring. I tasted it a few days ago and it wasn’t ready, too sweet
- Speaking of kombucha, I am totally addicted. Even drinking half a bottle a day is expensive, now I know what Starbucks addicts deal with
- I canned some spicy carrots on Monday, I hope they are ready today.
- Tried a couple of new recipes that rock, will be posting reviews soon.
- I really want to take Dan to Enchanted Rock this weekend, he’s never been and I haven’t been since I was a freshman in college for a geology class
- We are trying to decide on bids for our deck. I am getting REALLY impatient, this was supposed to happen last spring. We have a giant backyard and never go out there because are patio is tiny, like 10×10 tiny. And it has a smoker, grill, table, plants, and a cooler on it too. I want to enjoy the weather and finally landscape that sucker too. Dan didn’t want any landscaping in the backyard until the deck is built.
- I am getting inducted into the sorority’s topaz society next Saturday. Unfortunately I probably won’t be able to travel to College Station for the ceremony. I can’t believe it’s been over 10 years since I was an OPA pledge.
- They aren’t new, but i’ve been rocking my Ahnu shoes extra lately. They are the most comfortable to wear for standing at work and they are adorable too. I can’t wait to get another pair.
Today’s installment of the first Friday of February Fun Facts!
- I wore yoga clothes today and dressed it up with a sweater and jewelry. No lie. Next time i’ll wear a different cardigan, I am having a hard time covering the straps on my shirt, lol! Or wear a different shirt.
- I escape to flow class during lunch on Fridays. If my schedule would slow down any, I would go Mondays and Wednesdays too.
- I LOVE my gel manicure but it’s time to get a new one and my lady is booked really far out I may have to cheat on her. No way can I wait until Feb. 13!
- My nephew should be born in the next week. My fingers are still crossed for Tuesday, but I think tomorrow on Groundhog’s day would be fun!
- My family is in town for the weekend, Dan is only here tomorrow. I am supposed to be planning something fun to do tomorrow and I have ZERO ideas, other than doing yoga tomorrow morning with my mom. My sister has already indicated it’s too early for her. Even when I sleep in, I am an early bird.
- I get lemon seeds stuck in my reusable straw every day. No matter how much I de-seed the lemons, I always seem to find one, darn it!
- I just realized I haven’t decorated my office for Valentine’s Day, I better get on it. Stupid holiday, but I love the decorations!
- There is a chili cook-off today during lunch at work. People FLOCK to those things. I’ve seen the people that work in the other offices, they are strange, and I would NEVER eat anything they made. Hell, they can’t even keep the breakroom clean or their cubicals.
- I made chocolate chili for dinner tonight and I can’t wait to eat it! Melissa @ The Clothes Make the Girl is AWESOME!
- Sunday is going to be fab. Run-walk, yoga, get to see some of my running buddies for a Austin Marathon meeting, then family time with mom and dad (Dan will be en-route to Memphis).
- Speaking of the parents. They both just got their first smart phones. They both got iphone 5 and have no idea how to use them. I will be teaching them all weekend, lol. I just got my first iphone in December, but I’ve had a smart phone for years and had an itouch. They both just learned to text, it’s so funny!
Signed up for Run to the Finish’s February challenge, which is clean breakfasts.
- Include protein in your morning meal – (I always do this)
- Challenge yourself to eliminate beverage calories (I only do this if I make a shake or smoothie which is rare)
- Include a veggie (I get made fun of at work all of the time for this)
Eat within 30 minutes of getting out of bed (this I kinda do, explain more below)
Make it clean! (it’s always clean)
This is today’s breakfast:
Sausage, spinach, and avocado. Before you jump to conclusions about that sausage not being “clean”, guess again. I made it myself over Christmas, it’s pork-venison.
Because I wake up so early, I usually eat a protein snack first, before I leave for work and then I eat my full breakfast between 8 and 9 am. I ate turkey breast this morning when I went down to feed Missy and Chanel, and then ate this when I got to work.
Another installment of Fun Facts Friday!
- I can’t stand trash in my car. I put everything in my cupholder if it fits and I must get rid of it immediately. If I’m on a roadtrip, you better believe there is a trash bag and it gets dumped whenever possible.
- I hate eating in the car and I try not to. I hate food smells in my car and I am not a fan of eating on the road. When I first got my car, Dan borrowed it and ate 2 am Whataburger in it. I just about flipped out the next morning when my car smelled like fries.
- I keep emergency snacks in my glove compartment and my purse.
- I can’t stand too many emails in my inbox. I either delete them or put them in folders, unless I need them right away.
- Dan got me hooked on Adam Carolla’s podcast. I listened to all of the ones I could download (been working on them since October). I am now in real time and was sad when I didn’t have any more to listen to. Good thing they put them out almost every day! I’ve been listening to them in the car and when working out.
- He also got me addicted to Duck Dynasty. I’m usually pretty good about not watching whatever reality tv everyone gets sucked into. I thought, this has to be the stupidest idea for a tv show ever! I was wrong, I really like it. Plus I like that they show good values and prayer in their show. That’s something you don’t really see.
- I almost always sleep with White Noise either from my alarm clock or on my phone
- Last Wednesday I finally caved and got an iphone. I started with a Blackberry, then an Android, now the iphone 5. So far, so good. Any must have apps?
It’s been a while since I’ve played along with Fun Facts Friday. Heather at Where’s the Beach (LOVE her), is one of the gals who does it weekly. I love reading it, not sure why I don’t participate more.
This week’s random facts (smells edition):
- I hate the smell of movie theater style popcorn. At my conference last week, they had it during the afternoon breaks. BLECH!
- I don’t like eating oranges unless someone else peels them for me or they are sliced up already. I hate getting the peel under my nails, almost as much as I hate the smell of oranges on my hands. Even if I wash them over and over, I can still smell it.
- I love bacon, but I hate the smell of it.
- I don’t mind the smell of syrup during a meal. But if someone spills it on themselves or it gets on your hands, then I can’t stand it. My BFF Michele and I share this one. She can’t stand when her students smell like syrup after breakfast.
- I don’t like vanilla scents. If it’s a vanilla blend, then I am ok. (like vanilla cake or vanilla apricot). Generic vanilla I am not a fan of. Vanilla flavoring, yes, I like the way that smells.
- I can’t stand the way Dr. Pepper smells and I despise it’s taste even more
- I love the smell of rain. It’s raining right now and it’s driving me nuts i’m indoors with windows that don’t open
- I will only put “clean” scents in my Scentsy nightlights in my bathrooms. Anything else is just weird to me
- Don’t tell anyone, but Dan loves our Scentsy’s. I finally bought him one of his own for Christmas to put in his office (the Auburn warmer). Before that, he just stole others from around the house
- Speaking of Scentsy, I have 4 nightlights (all bathrooms and the guest bedroom), and 4 full size. We really only use 3 of them regularly, but the extras are in rooms we don’t use regularly. What can I say? I like a good smelling house!
That’s about all with my scent quirks Happy Friday!